Dear Nitro Family,
I’d like to take the time to wish all my members a Happy Ramadan! This month, Muslims all around the world abstain from food and water from sunrise to sunset. As Ramadan falls in the summer this year, Muslims are fasting for an outstanding 17 hours a day!
Intermittent fasting can have AMAZING results if done properly. As this is a huge change to anyone’s body, it is important to remember to indulge in healthy and nutritious foods when possible. I’d like to share some tips that will help ensure a successful Ramadan as well as help with those interested in intermittent fasting.
- Aim to eat at least 7 servings of fruits and/or vegetables in the morning. This will be your fuel and give you the best kind of energy throughout the day.
- Avoid deep frying as much as you can. Lots of cultures indulge in deep fried cakes to break their fasts. Not only should we be avoiding these foods daily, eating non-nutritious foods on an empty stomach will make you full and keep you away from what you should be eating.
- Get plenty of rest. It is always important to listen to your body and take rest when you can.
- Exercise. You can still exercise while fasting, just remember to keep it light. Going for a walk still counts as cardio!
- Water. Keep a water bottle with you at all times when you’re able to drink it and make sure to keep up with your water intake. Drinking water in the morning will keep you hydrated throughout the day, especially during the warmer days.
I wish you all a Blessed month!
Thank us later,